Assistant Manager - Co. Meath
This Assistant Manager position would suit a person who is customer-focused with relevant retail experience and a passion for retail in a very fast-paced environment.
- Organising workflow ensuring staff understand their duties and delegate tasks.
- Follow all company procedures on planning & organisation i.e. break schedules, shop floor allocation, task lists, handovers etc.
- Ensure that store standards meet and exceed company standards and that the store is always health and safety compliant.
- Communication with Head Office - confirming and putting into action all requests from Head Office.
- Effective Time Management - getting all daily tasks completed, ability to complete seasonal turnarounds in the agreed time to promote sales.
- Ability to plan, delegate and accomplish all tasks in a timely manner.
- Cash Management - Responsibility for all aspects of cash management, adhering to the company's cash management policy.
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records and weekly wages using the TMS system.
- Following and implementing all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Staff Management and Performance - Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Driving sales through strong senior leadership - commercial decisions, prioritisation of tasks, initiative and leading the team with little direction.
- Development of Supervisors - coach and support the team to perform at the required level.
Knowledge & Competencies
- Prioritising - Demonstrate an understanding of what needs to be done first and the reasons why prioritising is essential. Being able to deal with several tasks simultaneously.
- Oversee in-store promotional/seasonal displays - effectively merchandising products and replenishment of stock to drive sales.
- Excellent product knowledge including all seasonal products.
- Good working knowledge of RS Accounts and back-office functions.
- Ability to lead a team and encourage a happy work environment.
- This is a full-time permanent role.
- Working any 5 out of 7 days including early, late and weekend shifts.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Education opportunities
- Ongoing training
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training & promotion within the Retail Group
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856, in strictest confidence.
Retail Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Meath