Assistant Farm Manager ( Arable / Argentina )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Farm Manager for a large-scale arable farm in Argentina. This is a full-time permanent role with a lucrative tax-free salary.
If you have a strong interest in crops / agronomy and would like to work in Argentina we would be happy to hear from you. You will receive a 6 week training and induction program upon commencing the new role and then you will work alongside an experienced management team.
The remuneration package includes a tax free salary, 97 days holidays , 6 free return flights to and from Argentina to Ireland , accommodation provided.
The primary function of the Assistant Farm Manager is to oversee the daily operations on a busy and large arable farm, supervise staff, inspect crops and advise on herbicides and fungicides accordingly.
The role will also provide the opportunity for a step up into people management, upon completion of the training period you will gain supervisory experience over a team of farm staff.
Duties to include
- Working towards production targets
- Crops and crops input management
- Irrigation management
- Effective management of a unit on a day-to-day basis
- Managing and developing staff within the unit
- Operating machinery
- Ensuring staff work safely and efficiently.
- Ensure all aspects of daily activities are managed correctly.
- Ensuring all maintenance services are carried out at the correct service interval.
- Reporting to Farm Managers all issues related to field operations.
- Ensure H&S Policies are adhered to
- Accountable for the Health and Safety of all employees under their direct supervision.
- Collaborate with Training of employees on Health and Safety
- Coordinate/ Cooperate with Health and Safety and take all reasonable steps to reduce and minimize workplace hazards.
- Ensure Health and Safety concerns and implementation of recommended corrective actions are undertaken.
- Ensure Company Policies are adhered to
- Ensure procedures and other guidelines are followed.
- Ensure best practices are carried out.
- 3rd level Degree in Agriculture
- Must have Agronomy experience.
- Must have Knowledge of chemicals, crop input and applications.
- Previous people management experience
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439