Assistant Facilities Manager
Our client a based in Kilkenny currently have an immediate initial 6-month contract for an Assistant Facilities Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager you will be responsible for supervising all service teams to ensure that an excellent service is maintained and improved with the facility.
- You will have line management responsibility of porters, housekeeping staff and catering staff.
- Assist in ensuring all hotel services staff complete the daily shift plan in the agreed time scale and hygiene standards are met.
- To plan work schedules and areas of work for the Hotel Services Team, within budget.
- To ensure all environmental cleaning practices are carried out, in accordance with the current standards.
- Assist in drawing up rotas and to allocate annual leave ensuring that adequate cover is provided.
- Assist in the overseeing of hotel services on site to ensure the hygiene codes of practice are followed and report any difficulties.
- To maintain a strong working relationship with all Managers and Heads of Departments to ensure that cleaning procedures and routines are integrated with the wards and all departments.
- To carry out regular inspections / audits of all areas as assigned, to ensure a high standard of hygiene is maintained, using the approved recording system.
- Assist in on the job training to an agreed format for all new and existing staff.
- Oversee the development and implementation of service standards in front of house management.
You will have the following attributes:
- Previous relevant experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity. Experience in the supervision of a large team is advantageous.
- Previous experience or knowledge of hygiene standards, infection control and HACCP would be beneficial.
- Can demonstrate leadership skills and management experience.
- Effective communication and customer care skills with patients, visitors, customers, clients and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
- Will have an understanding of relevant Health and safety and other legislative requirements.
- Can demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- Good literacy and organisational skills
This role is a 6 month contract (could be extended further) The role will involve working one Saturday per month and one to two evenings per week. They are very flexible for the right candidate.
For full job description and further details, email a CV to Elizabeth in FRS Recruitment Kilkenny via link provided.