Assistant Director of Nursing Dublin North
I am delighted to assist my client, a large purpose built nursing home in Dublin city (North), in recruitment for an Assistant Director of nursing. The role of the Assistant Director of Nursing is to work as part of the Management team and to oversee clinical practice. The role would suit a person with strong policy writing and implementation skills, quality and practice development duties are also a large part of this role.
Job title: Assistant Director of Nursing / ADON
Location: Dublin North
Attractive Remuneration package
Working hours: Monday to Sunday, full time
On Call You will be on call as management support for the home in the absence of/at the request of the Director of Nursing
- You will have 3+ years experience in a managerial role in elderly care setting
- You will have 5+ years post grad experience as a Nurse
- You are actively registered with NMBI
- You will have previous people management experience and possess strong leadership and staff management skills
- You will have a strong knowledge of HIQA standards (essential)
- You will have a strong administration skills, policy writing experience, quality and practice development experience. You will have an interest in Staff development and training
- Preferably 3rd level healthcare management qualification or business qualification (Higher Diploma or Masters Degree preferably)
- You will be a good communicator and have good computer skills
Your position will include
- You will ensure that the provision of a high standard of care to the residents in the nursing home is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Nursing Home
- You will demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the Nursing home
- You will participate in the overall management of the facility as part of the management team.
- You will plan, assess and deliver resident care, together with all members of the multidisciplinary care team.
- You will play an active role in resident education and be actively involved in Health Education and Promotion.
- You will encourage recognition of the resident as an individual; ensuring the resident's needs and comfort are given priority.
- You will communicate with relevant team regarding a resident's condition and relaying information and changes in Doctor Instructions. As well as communicate with relatives of residents and with visitors as requested.
- You will attend/chair meetings as required and keep staff briefed on developments within the facility.
- You will ensure the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, you will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- You will oversee the organisation of the multi-disciplinary care team.
- You will co-ordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
- You will be responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- You will participate with the orientation of all new staff, along with the Director of Nursing/Management Team be responsible for the management of all staff and dealing with all human resource issues.
- You will endeavour to keep abreast of recent trends and developments by reading widely and upskilling by attendance at courses etc. Also be responsible for the development of staff. Facilitate the arrangements necessary and participate where appropriate, in education and training of other staff as the need arises.
- You will lead by example, a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
This job description is not to be seen as restrictive or exhaustive, other duties may arise as part of the role.
If you have the required skills & experience you can apply now and I'll call you to discuss further. If you don't have an updated CV feel free to call me, Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss in the strictest of confidence.
#nursing #jobs #healthcarejobs #directorofnursing #don #adon #meath #louth #westmeath #directorofnursing #assistantdirectorofnursing