Assistant Director of Nursing Carlow
Job title: Assistant Director of Nursing / ADON /
Location: Co. Carlow
Jobs type: Permanent, Full time (40h/week), inclusive of weekends and nights
Start date: ASAP
I am delighted to assist my Client, a well-run nursing home situated just a short drive from Tullow, Co. Carlow, to look for their new APIC - Assistant Person in Charge. This nursing home proudly provides person centred care and is driven by the wishes and desires of residents.
The nursing home is an established, comfortable and flourishing 60 bed home, number one for resident care, with tailored person-centred programmes for each resident.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years' post-registration nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in a Nursing Home environment.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a management capacity is desirable.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, Dementia, CPR, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
You will be responsible for:
- The Assistant Person in Charge (APIC) is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources.
- Support and assist the PIC in coordinating the management of all staff ensuring to establish and maintain the standard as set out by the Group and Statutory Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Full list of responsibilities and detailed job spec available on request
To apply for this job, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website now, or alternatively call Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further. #jobs #job #cnm #nursejobs