Due to expansion and growth our client based in Shannon are currently recruiting an assistant accountant to join their finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an organisation that recognises and rewards talent.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising work and working on their own initiative. They will be self-motivated, trustworthy and experienced working in a busy and growing environment.
- Accounts Receivable: Organise the accounts receivable function and lead monthly processing of invoices in a structured and efficient manner. Prepare customer invoices including checking billable hours and expenses. Deal with customer queries in relation to invoicing.
- Accounts Payable: Checking and processing of supplier invoices and obtaining the approval of supplier invoices by the department head in a timely fashion.
- Setting up new customer and supplier, the month end finance close process, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and income statement analysis.
- Assisting with the year end audit queries.
- Working with cross-functional departments to provide finance support.
Skills and Experience:
- Required: Part Qualified Accountant (ambitious, looking to complete exams, gain experience and interested in progression) or IATI qualified
- Required: Strong experience with bookkeeping and financial administration.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent analytical skills required. Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and organisational skills.
This role is based on site but may offer Hybrid once established in the role. Flexible to suit the right person. For full details and to apply in strict confidence, send an updated CV to Elizabeth Brannigan FRS Recruitment via link provided.