FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting experienced Architectural Technician for 6-24 month roles based in Dublin.
- To provide professional support to the Programme Manager, Structural & Architectural Design Section, New Works Department, for the design and management of construction projects.
- A third level qualification in architecture or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience working in an Architectural Design office
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation including 3D modelling and Photoshop.
- Have the ability to prepare rendered designs for use in photomontages.
- A good working knowledge of Building Regulations, Health & Safety Regulations, Disability, Accessibility and Planning laws.
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience in managing and delivering technical information, including drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, etc. for Architectural projects
- Experience of working in a railway environment would be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience of holding responsibility for delivery of drawings, documentation, etc. in an Architectural design office
- Demonstrated experience of holding responsibility for managing contracts on site
- Good leadership & communications skills
- Commercial awareness
- Planning & Organisational skills
- Assist in the continuous improvement of department systems and processes
- Keep abreast of the latest company and industry standards
- Assist, as required by the Programme Manager, in the preparation of project plans for all projects managed by the Structural & Architectural Design Section
- Comply with the general duties of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Undertake audits, as required by the Programme Manager, to ensure robust safety management systems and emergency arrangements are in place
- Identify the key risk areas under your control and ensure that staff, contractors, consultants and external agencies comply with relevant company policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure all hours worked by staff are accurately captured against appropriate chargeable and non-chargeable items
- To be responsible to the Programme Manager Structural & Architectural Design Section for delivering projects to time, cost, scope and quality requirements in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, in accordance with Iarnród Éireann, Infrastructure Maintainer and New Works Dept. policies, standards and procedures, including those guidelines published by the NTA
- Develop design concepts: develop the initial concept into a more developed design.
- Prepare planning applications: Assist in the preparation of drawing packages to a standard suitable for submission to the local authority for planning approval. Documents presented at this stage will include: Site Plan, Floor Plans, Key Elevations and Sections, Renderings or Model.
- Detailed Design: following agreement on the developed design, produce full tender drawings including technical specifications. The detailed design will have to incorporate any changes as required under a Grant of Planning Permission. Liaise closely with specialist consultants, such as the structural engineer, to incorporate their designs contributions. Assist in assessing the tender returns in conjunction with the project team.
- During Construction: Assist in inspection of the building works, approve Contractor &/or Supplier drawings, as required, and revise details as necessary to ensure the works are being carried out in accordance with the contract documentation