FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting experienced Architects for 6-24 month roles based in Dublin.
- To prepare and create design concepts for new projects, alterations and redevelopments.
- To provide professional support to the Programme Manager, Structural & Architectural Design Section, New Works Department, for the management of Architectural projects as required.
- A third level qualification in Architecture
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in an Architectural Design office
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation including 3D modelling and Photoshop
- A good working knowledge of Building Regulations, Health & Safety Regulations, Disability, Accessibility and Planning laws.
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience in managing and delivering technical information, including drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, etc. for Architectural projects
- Experience in managing contracts on site
- Experience in maintaining an information management system
- Demonstrated experience of holding responsibility for delivery of drawings, documentation, etc. in an Architectural design office
- Demonstrated experience of holding responsibility for managing contracts on site
- Good leadership & communications skills
- Commercial awareness
- Assist in the continuous improvement of department systems and processes
- Keep abreast of the latest company and industry standards
- Assist, as required by the Programme Manager, in the preparation of project plans for all projects managed by the Structural & Architectural Design Section
- Comply with the general duties of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Undertake audits, as required by the Programme Manager, to ensure robust safety management systems and emergency arrangements are in place
- Identify the key risk areas under your control and ensure that staff, contractors, consultants and external agencies comply with relevant company policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure all hours worked by staff are accurately captured against appropriate chargeable and non-chargeable items
- To be responsible to the for delivering projects to time, cost, scope and quality requirements in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Prepare and develop design concepts: Prepare and develop the initial concept into a more developed design
- Prepare planning applications: Prepare drawing packages to a standard suitable for submission to the local authority for planning approval. Documents presented at this stage will include: Site Plan, Floor Plans, Key Elevations and Sections, Renderings or Model
- Detailed Design: Following agreement on the developed design, produce full tender drawings including technical specifications. The detailed design will have to incorporate any changes as required under a Grant of Planning Permission. Liaise closely with specialist consultants, such as Structural Engineer, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer, etc. to incorporate their design contributions. Assist in assessing the tender returns in conjunction with the project team
- During Construction: Inspect the building works, approve Contractor's &/or Supplier's drawings, as required, and revise details as necessary to ensure the works are being carried out in accordance with the contract documentation