Proposal Analyst (mechanical engineering)
Our client is an established multi-national engineering manufacturing facility in Kerry. They are now seeking to recruit an Applications Engineer / Proposal Analyst.
Working as a bridge between customers and engineering teams, the primary objective of the role is the processing of customer inquiries from the initial inquiry stage right through from quotation / tender submit to technical and commercial contract award.
This role could suit a recent graduate in mechanical engineering (diploma or degree) or a candidate with a trade background seeking to take the next step in their career.
- Reviewing tender documents/specifications received from clients, completing applications sizing and recommending a suitable product.
- Preparing product designs to international design codes and customer specifications.
- Preparing fabrication documentation to enable equipment to be manufactured.
- Liaising with subcontractors/suppliers located throughout the world to obtain costs for each component of the product design.
- Complying with internal processes and procedures around proposal sign offs as required.
- Preparing detailed technical and commercial proposal for submission to the client.
- Liaising with clients on proposal clarifications in addition to commercial negotiations.
- Conducting proposal handover to the Engineering team upon completion of the award.
- Travel as required on global basis (max 10% of time).
- Liaising with the Project Engineers to ensure the successful completion of the contract.
- Other duties as required.
Candidate requirements and skills:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making ability.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of electrical control systems is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in managing own projects, working with other technical people and handling technical negotiations with customers and suppliers.
- Experience of international design codes is a distinct advantage.
If you are seeking a new and exciting challenge and have a mechanical background we would like to hear from you. Please apply through the link provided or call 066-7143995 for details.