Agricultural / Mechanical Engineer
Are you looking for a career move or a fresh start in 2018 ? If so this may be the role for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical/Agricultural Engineer to join a leading Agricultural business based in Co Mayo. As Product Development Engineer you will be responsible for bringing the company's product range development plans to market.
My client is the largest independent wholesale distributor of farm machinery parts, agricultural components, spares and tine to the agricultural trade sector in Ireland. The company have been in business for over 35 years and have built their reputation on product quality and range as well as flexible and customer friendly service.
My client supply spare parts and accessory products to resellers and retailers in the farming, engineering and hardware trades.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
You will manage the whole process from sourcing products from suppliers, preparing product specification and bringing the product to market. This will involve working closely with the purchasing department and the sales and marketing team.
- Sourcing of products as set out in the product development agenda
- Sourcing new suppliers / Maintain relationships with existing suppliers
- Prepare specifications for these products and liaise with suppliers to ensure products are fit for purpose, supplied competitively and on time
- Prepare the commercial specification in terms of pricing, packaging and presentation.
- Work closely with purchasing department to assist in the delivery of product development projects
- Responsible for quality control and testing for all component products
- You will be involved in design / adjustments of products where necessary
- Training and briefing the sales team on all new products
Qualifications & Experience:
- Third level qualification in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- Knowledge and experience of farming and farm machinery
- Keen interest in sales and marketing
- Knowledge of modern IT reporting systems
- Key skills, organisation, planning, attention to detail
* Please note we will accept cvs from recently qualified engineers as well as graduates with 1-2 years work experience*
There is opportunity for international travel with this job as the successful candidate will attend trade shows and travel meet suppliers in Europe, Asia and China
To apply for this role please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439