Agri Milk Advisor
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Agri Milk Advisor for an established creamery in the Cork area. This is a full-time permanent role.
The successful candidate will work closely with Teagasc and other national bodies/initiatives (eg AHI, DSI, ICBF etc) to assist my client in further developing their farm businesses towards sustainable and profitable growth while enabling compliance to all necessary standards and initiatives developing a culture of industry best practice.
You will be working with an established milk supplier base.
This role is based in the North West Cork area so this position will suit someone living in North West Cork , North East Kerry or South Limerick
Duties and Responsibility will include
- Supporting suppliers in all aspects of technical farm management practices including:
- Grassland management (including soil fertility and Nutrient management planning, advisory sprays & seeds) & grazing skills development
- Herd health and breeding & fertility
- Animal Nutrition
- Support participation in Sustainability Dairy Assurance Scheme
- Respond and provide trouble shooting assistance on milk quality/milk restriction issues
- Support on Milk Solids optimisation
- Profitability & Sustainability advisor supporting improving water quality through Farmyard practice, improving soil fertility and nutrient management planning and establishment and development of monitor/demonstration farms
- Organising supply base engagement and knowledge sharing events to promote best practice such as farm walks and advice events, Johnes Disease Control Programme, BVD etc.
- Participation in national bodies/initiatives/programmes as required (eg AHI, DSI, ICBF) etc
- Respond to general farm liaison queries
- Strong self-starter who is flexible and adaptive with an enthusiastic approach
- Farm advisory experience - with a proven record of results delivery
- Strong, intuitive communication skills - verbal and written - proficient in computers
- Ability to build effective relationships with suppliers and
- Knowledge of farm production practices including dairy Herd management and Animal and Crop Production.
- Knowledge of various national programmes and bodies i.e. Teagasc, AHI, DSI, ICBF etc & milk quality & regulatory requirements
- Strives for continuous improvement with excellent organisational skills
- Relevant Agricultural Degree with a minimum of 2 years PQE
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John on 087 9955439 ( business hours )