Agency Telephone Triage nurse required
We are seeking Agency Telephone Triage Nurse's for our client an out-of hours service in the Munster area. The Telephone Triage Nurse will be the first point of medical contact for the service users and will Telephone Triage and nurse consultation within the protocols and guidelines.
Brief summary of duties
- To be the first line of support to patients and callers and ensure that all service users are treated with respect and dignity in a professional manner
- An ability to handle emergency calls, patients and callers.
- Maintain accurate notes of all client consultations and ensure they are inputted on the computerised patient database accurately.
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team and with other medical and emergency services as necessary
- Deal with issues arising from the liaison with Doctors on duty
- Ensure that agreed service levels are maintained
- Maintain the organisation's strict code of confidentiality in all dealings
- Adhere to the organisation's ethos of flexibility and co-operation and to behave in a respectful and pleasant manner to colleagues at all times in the working environment
Reporting to the Clinical Development Specialist, the Telephone Triage Nurse will Be a RGN with 5 years post registration experience. You will have a proven capacity to work in a fast paced demanding environment and the capacity to develop a rapport with callers / patients. You will also have excellent problem solving and decision making skills with an ability to work on you own initiative.
- Paid Garda vetting.
- Uniform supplied (where necessary).
- Continuous Management support.
- Continuous block hours with market leading salary packages on offer.
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland registration (Preferred)