Job Title: Accounts Clerk
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Limerick Office
Reporting to the Finance Manager , the Accounts Clerk is responsible for processing vendor invoices and providing support to clients and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing of accounts payable invoices / credit notes received from vendors, including matching to original purchase order and goods received note.
- Ensure all price and quantity variances on invoices received are dealt with and posted correctly.
- Raising credit requests to vendors for discrepancies in price / quantity and returns, including following up with vendors in relation to the requests and maintenance of credit request database.
- Dealing with queries from vendors regarding discrepancies returns and other issues on all purchases.
- Preparation of daily sales numbers for submission to corporate HQ
- Efficient filing of all documentation received from vendors
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by the Finance Manger
- Month end inventory accrual listing
- Listing of all invoices on hold due to issues with vendors
- List of outstanding credit requests for follow up with vendors
- List of expense accruals to be included in management accounts by Financial Accountant
- Daily sales report
A third level qualification in Finance is essential.
Several Years working in a similar role.
Experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a very high standard is essential
Knowledge of ERP systems is desirable
- Knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, MS Excel and Internet Explorer
- Skill in working in a detail-oriented deadline driven environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks while maintaining consistent level of quality
- Ability to work with and for multiple employees and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Conscientious and hardworking individual who has the ability to work effectively in a fast moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deal with several issues at once