FRS Recruitment have a exciting opportunity for a Accounts Assistant to join our client based in Co Galway. This is a full time, permanent position.
About your new role:
This role is to support the activities of the wider finance team of 4 whilst streamlining the existing processes. This is a good opportunity for an accounting technician with proven experience in administration.
The role will provide exposure to Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), General Ledger (GL) with potential for development in Payroll activities.
Responsibilities will be centred around the company ERP system (Global Shop Solutions) and ensuring transactions are accurately recorded.
What will you be doing?
Duties will include:
* Support for weekly AR Sales invoice cut off
* Distribution of AR invoices weekly to specific customer portals
* AR credit card receipt management
* AR Cash Receipt Application
* AP invoice entry
* Close out of AP invoice matching and filing
* Input of Freight invoices
* AP Supplier reconciliation
* Ownership of petty cash and purchasing card management
* Providing various reports from the Time Management System (TMS)
* Ensuring process documentation is clear and up to date
* Other finance support activities that require priority
Skills and Experience:
- Team Player; Has the ability to seamlessly fit in with the existing team and works well with other functions. Adaptability to focus on immediate priorities would be important.
- Initiative; Works with the team to establish priorities, enlists the assistance of others to get tasks completed and resolve issues. Ensuring thoroughness throughout. Being able to manage priorities and engage other functions is a must.
- Communication Skills; Ability to communicate respectfully, effectively and with clarity.
- IT Skills; Intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word. Can demonstrate a good grasp of ERP systems.
- Previous experience in an accounts assistant role or in an accounts practice.
Working Hours 8:00 - 16:30 Mon - Thurs and 8:00 - 15:30 Fri
All duties to be performed on site
Salary: €35,000 - €40,000
Phone calls to Louise 083 3762152
Send CV through the attached link for immediate consideration