We are recruiting for a Qualified Accountant who is looking to take the next step in their career. This is a excellent opportunity and a full time permanent position based in Cavan.
You will be responsible for the monthly management accounts and you will work within a finance team. This is a exciting opportunity to join a organisation at a time of growth and expansion.
Start date: January 2020
Flexible hours for this position.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for reporting on the profitability of the business on a monthly basis while ensuring it has sufficient working capital to trade on a successful basis.
- You will manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Monitor all overhead expenditure identifying savings where possible.
- Compile and complete relevant regulatory returns.
- Maintain the payroll.
- Assist in developing HR systems and management of the IT systems.
- Contribute to the monthly management process.
Duties will include:
- Manage the working capital of the Company, develop a cash reserves policy for the company ensuring the best return is achieved from that surplus when it is established.
- Ensure all suppliers are paid in a timely manor and all customers pay
- In conjunction with one of the directors authorise bank payments.
- Management Information Systems/Audits/Budgets
- Prepare Monthly and annual Financial statements highlighting any areas of risk which may exist within the business.
- Liaise with Auditors and assist as required during the audit.
- Participate in and play an active role in the budgeting process.
- Constantly review our overhead base with a view to keeping our overheads within the budget levels set.
- Cost reduction
- Regulatory Compliance
- Keep records of all our fixed assets and ensuring they are kept secures and holds their value. Ensure that all VAT returns are completed in a timely and correct basis.
- Payroll - Manage the payroll system in an efficient manner. Ensure that all PAYE/PRSI and Universal charges and levies are maintained in an up-to-date manner at all times. If BIK applies for any employee ensure it is re coded accurately and in accordance with revenue rules.
- Fixed Assets Management - Maintain control on all Capital expenditure ensuring best practice is observed throughout the company in a consistent manor. Introduce appropriate procedures and process to assist the same. Maintain the fixed assets registrar
- Senior Team Participation and Communication and HR
- IT systems - Review on a regular basis the companies IT system and in particular the back office system. Actively get involved in managing the system as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant with experiencre in practice or industry
- Excellent IT Skills
- Use of accounting packages Intact or Quick books advantage not essential
- Previous experience introducing a new accounting package advantage
- Management Accounts Preparation
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to take ownership of work
- Flexible attitude to work
Suitable package will be negotiated for the successful candidate
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for immediate consideration