We are recruiting for a Financial Accountant for our SME client in Co Cavan. This is a full time,permanent position with flexibility. This is a newly created opportunity to join the business at a time of growth and expansion.
You will be responsible for the monthly management accounts and you will work within a finance team.
Flexible hours for this position. Suitable salary will be negotiated for the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for reporting on the profitability of the business on a monthly basis while ensuring it has sufficient working capital to trade on a successful basis.
Duties will include:
- Manage the working capital of the Company, develop a cash reserves policy for the company ensuring the best return is achieved from that surplus when it is established.
- Ensure all suppliers are paid in a timely manor and all customers pay
- In conjunction with one of the directors authorise bank payments.
- Management Information Systems/Audits/Budgets
- Prepare Monthly and annual Financial statements highlighting any areas of risk which may exist within the business.
- Liaise with Auditors and assist as required during the audit.
- Participate in and play an active role in the budgeting process.
- Constantly review our overhead base with a view to keeping our overheads within the budget levels set.
- Cost reduction
- Regulatory Compliance
- Keep records of all our fixed assets and ensuring they are kept secures and holds their value. Ensure that all VAT returns are completed in a timely and correct basis.
- Payroll - Manage the payroll system in an efficient manner. Ensure that all PAYE/PRSI and Universal charges and levies are maintained in an up-to-date manner at all times. If BIK applies for any employee ensure it is re coded accurately and in accordance with revenue rules.
- Fixed Assets Management - Maintain control on all Capital expenditure ensuring best practice is observed throughout the company in a consistent manor. Introduce appropriate procedures and process to assist the same. Maintain the fixed assets registrar
- Senior Team Participation and Communication and HR
- IT systems - Review on a regular basis the companies IT system and in particular the back office system. Actively get involved in managing the system as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant with experience in practice or industry
- Excellent IT Skills
- Use of accounting packages Intact or Quick books advantage not essential
- Previous experience introducing a new accounting package advantage
- Management Accounts Preparation
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to take ownership of work and decision making skills
- Flexible attitude to work
Suitable package will be negotiated for the successful candidate
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for immediate consideration