We are recruiting for a Accountant (Qualified or Part Qualified ) for our client in Tipperary. This is a 12 month contract role with a possibility of extension. This role could suit someone looking to take a step up into a Management Accountant role.
This position will suit someone living a commutable distance to the North Tipperary area. You will be working closely with the FC and get involved in project based work as well as monthly management account preparation & payroll.
The successful candidate will play a key role in analysing and reporting on margins to management. This is a very hands-on role working closely with operations, engineering and supply chain.
Duties to include
- Reviewing product costings to ensure accuracy.
- Designing and developing margin analysis reporting for management information.
- Working with engineering and operations to document processes and cost and time products across the various stages of manufacturing.
- Suggesting process improvements and efficiency's.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Ensuring all reports are issued in accordance with deadlines including weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Co-ordination and valuation of monthly and yearly stock takes.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and RTD returns.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payroll and expenses and accompanying Revenue returns, upkeep of employee files.
- Ongoing general ledger maintenance - bank rec's, balance sheet rec's, fixed assets register, etc.
- First point of contact for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assisting with the year end audit.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required. Providing information for management and other departments as required - operations, engineering, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced excel skills with analytical experience is essential.
- Manufacturing/ Engineering industry experience is a advantage
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills adopting an enquiring approach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge & be a team player.
- Previous experience preparing management accounts and payroll required.
- Strong systems experience is an advantage and a can-do attitude is required.
Please email your CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069