Healthcare in Ireland
There has never been a better time to be a healthcare professional looking to work in Ireland.
- Shortage of skilled healthcare professionals (New Graduates & Experienced staff) such as; nurses, doctors, radiographers and cardiac technicians
- There is a new work permit with quick processing time for these professionals; www.djei.ie
- Salaries are going up and taxes are coming down
- Ireland has been consistently listed in the top 10 countries to live in worldwide
- Far and above, the best reason to move to Ireland is the world-wide recognition our irish-trained medics and healthcare professionals experience. With 12 months or more experience in the Irish Health System, you will be in demand worldwide.
- If they are not good enough reasons, we have stunning scenery, the friendliest people in the world and a smashingly good pint of Guinness!
Ireland has always been a popular holiday and relocation destination for professionals worldwide. Irish hospitals have grown accustomed to the process of assisting healthcare professionals to run the gauntlet of gaining recognition for their overseas qualification and to provide them with advice and assistance on the relocation process and paperwork.
As a partner to the health service in achieving this for over 10 years, we have seen a lot of Doctors. Nurses, Radiographers and Cardiac Technicians arrive and depart, some with great stories and some with not such great stories. As a result of this, we are uniquely placed to give candidates an open honest and frank account of moving to Ireland.
You will need your qualification approved and recognised here in Ireland;
The relevant bodies are:
- NURSES - Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland www.nursingboard.ie
- DOCTORS – Irish Medical Council www.medicalcouncil.ie
- RADIOGRAPHER – CORU www.coru.ie
- SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPISTS - CORU www.coru.ie
- SOCIAL WORKERS - CORU www.coru.ie
- DIETICIANS - CORU www.coru.ie
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS - HSE Validation of Qualificationswww.hse.ie/eng/staff/Jobs/Validation/
- PSYCHOLOGISTS – Department of Health health.gov.ie/psychologist/
- MEDICAL SCIENTISTS – Academy of Medical Laboratory Sciences www.acslm.ie/
- CLINICAL MEASUREMENT PHYSIOLOGISTS – Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Scienceswww.iicms.ie/
- PHARMACISTS – The Pharmaceutical Society of Irelandwww.thepsi.ie/gns/registration/pharmacists/overview.aspx
Once you have checked if you are eligible to register with one of these bodies and are thinking about taking the next step, contact our team for further advice and career opportunities. We will help you at every stage! And we hope to welcome you to Ireland very soon…