Erin is a Project Manager with FRS Recruitment and is originally from Melbourne. She married an Irish man and decided Ireland was the perfect place to raise their family. Erin and her family moved over to set up home in 2017.
- Why did you decide to move to Ireland?
We had been considering it for a while but with the recession it just wasn’t an option. We were keen for the children to spend more time with Irish family and get to know and appreciate their Irish heritage. We are so lucky to have the option to live in Australia or Ireland!
- Why did you decide to move to the county you are in?
This is where husband is from and no point in moving from the other side of the world to be based elsewhere.
What do you enjoy most about Ireland? Hard to pick any one thing. I love the Irish countryside, the people and it’s a great base to travel Europe!
- What do you wish you knew before you came here?
I wish I’d known that housing was in short supply and would need to be patient!
- What advice would you give to someone moving to Ireland?
I’ve lots of advice, not sure where to start!!
- What was the best advice you got before moving over?
A friend had recently moved and she provided me with great advice and moral support which was very helpful.
- Did you research jobs before moving to Ireland?
Yes, this was something I’d been doing well in advance and was great to be armed with this knowledge.
- How long did it take you to get a job?
It was only a few weeks!