Moving to Ireland to practice Medicine isn’t straight forward, however, we have managed to make the transition smooth for all of our Doctors. Not only do we help them find the ideal position, we also ensure that their entire family is happy and settled. Moving overseas is daunting for anyone, but we do our best to make it as easy as possible.
2018 has been a very exciting year so far for the Healthcare division. In fact, it has been the busiest HSE rotation that the FRS team has ever seen. Thanks to Eithne Vaughan-Witts, Emma Fenton and Donovan Lock, we have managed to help many talented Doctors and their families relocate to Ireland.
We have offered guidance and advice on:
- Bank Accounts, PPS numbers, schools for the children and transport – these are all major concerns for any Doctors coming to Ireland and helping them with this information, prepares them with what to expect and prepare for in Ireland.
- Also, as many people know, finding accommodation isn’t always easy, so the consultants and I have helped many families set up house viewings and have assisted with them securing permanent and temporary accommodation.
In addition to helping ease the stress of relocation, we also help and organise Work Permits and Visas. Our doctors this year have travelled from an array of countries including Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Bulgaria, Sudan, the United States and Pakistan. Many times they have no idea how to apply for a visa and need our help to guide them through the process.
This type of relocation is not simple and we pride ourselves in helping them as much as possible. Taking a candidate through the visa and work permit process takes time and has to be followed through correctly to avoid any hassles or stress for the candidate. It can take up to 2 months, so it involves a lot of effort to ensure the candidate is kept aware of their application at all times and informed if there is anything needed urgently to process the visa or permit quicker.
Over all we take great pride in not only getting the job for the Doctor but also ensuring that all their other needs and queries are dealt with, that they can arrive in Ireland happy and assured that everything is in order, and they can focus on their new job and life in Ireland.
There are many benefits for Doctors coming to Ireland , please see a few:
- EU experience in the HSE ( Health Service Executive – Ireland)
- Flexibility across multiple specialities within the rotations
- Excellent training and career development
- Invaluable experience from working in an English speaking country
- Easy accessibility to all parts of Europe
- Excellent schools and education
We are all extremely excited about the success that we have recently had, and are looking forward to a new year of Healthcare Recruitment. We have also been able to expand our team, with Dave Maher joining us recently. Not only has he only been on our team for 4 days, he has already placed an excellent surgeon in a leading hospital in Cork! We have a growing team and hope to carry on providing excellent candidates to Hospitals and ensuring all our candidates are happy and can look forward to great careers in Ireland.
Please see current roles we are recruiting for – Positions available now and July for SHO / Registrar and Consultant level in :
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Emergency Medicine
All posts require IMC registration – please see the link for the IMC and we are happy to help with any enquires with the above anytime!