“The West’s Awake!” and ready to have you home. In the past 24 months – the West of Ireland has seen great growth within the Accounting and Finance job fields.
A number of new organisations have chosen the West as their base in Ireland and have created a high level of roles across a number of areas from engineering to IT and financial. The mix of companies have included medical device (a high level of these roles are Galway based), IT companies, manufacturing, engineering and finance. The West has also seen the centralisation of shared services within a number of medium to large multinationals adding to the growth of the accounting and finance sector. This is in addition to the growth and expansion of accounting practices from Big 4 to Top 20.
- Ireland now have the fastest growing economy in the Eurozone with a Real GDP growth forecast for 2018 of 3.4.
- The West of Ireland has seen population growth of 1.74% from 2011 census to 2016 census and I would guarantee that we will see a bigger rate of growth with the move from East to West now happening.
- In 5 years from 2011 to 2016 – Ireland saw a population growth of 3.79%. With us now coming close to full employment – perhaps it is now time to come home!
There are clear shortages within Accounting and Finance for candidates within hands on experience within their chosen field:
- Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Accounts Assistant
- Company Accountant (QBE)
- Financial/Cost/Management Accountants
- All areas of Analysis
- Finance Manager/Controller/Senior Management
Far from the days of 2007 and 2008
- Ireland is now 2nd in the area of competitiveness within the EU in the 2017 Key Ranking of the IMD World Competitiveness.
With the levels of employment in Dublin and the issues with housing – the West is providing the Work Life Balance people are searching for.
The Western Region of Ireland
Clare, Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Work Life Balance
- Global companies
- Local know how
- High Demand – newly qualified, financial accountants, finance managers
- Strong levels of fibre broadband roll out for working from home
- Family, friends and a career waiting for you