Permanent Opportunity for a Test Manager to join a well-established organisation in the heart of Dublin
A well-established organisation are offering an opportunity for a QA/Test Manager to join and lead a team of high performance test consultants while growing their own career.
This role calls for an experienced candidate who has solid experience in enterprise level application and database testing on multiple platforms.
The Role / You Will:
- Develop an overall testing strategy
- Plans and oversees the planning of the system and acceptance tests and coordinates the execution of these plans
- Responsible for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project
- Fulfils the role of Testing Co-ordinator for a development project or programme of projects
- Co-ordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of a project or programme
- Co-operates with clients/users and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to be employed for development projects. Maintains awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analysed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed
- Ensure that vendor partner test strategies and test cases meet product test requirements via coordinating engineering and quality team reviews
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues. Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing, including training for testers and other developers where appropriate
- To develop a fit-for-purpose reporting mechanism
- Management of entry and exit for all Test Phases
- Provide mentoring to test leads and test engineers
- Provide updates to engagement manager on weekly progress
- 5+ years management experience
- 5-10 years in Quality Assurance, with experience writing test strategies, test cases, and in test automation
- BS in computer science or equivalent degree
- ISTQB in Advanced Test Management (or equivalent) preferred
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of quality assurance processes, standards, methodologies, and tools
- Enterprise level application and database testing, on multiple platforms, including UNIX, Windows, Mac
- Previous experience of managing multiple vendors is required
- Build and release processes and protocols, with working knowledge of source control systems.
- Experience defining programs for Automated and Performance testing and developing new automated test procedures
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile test methodologies
Salary / Package:
- Pension, Healthcare, Mobile Phone, Laptop
- Dublin City Centre
For more information, contact Deirdre O'Callaghan confidentially on +353 86 0239661 or email your CV to
I specialize in recruiting for QA and testers, if you wish to discuss this or other testing/QA opportunities, please feel free to contact me.