Quality Assurance Manager - West Dublin
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for providing a quality assurance management system for the following process:
- Warehousing activities (from intake to shipment to customer through stock management) of chill / ambient and frozen food + catering equipment,
- Butchery (from intake to shipment to customer through deboning, cutting, dry aging, mincing, dicing, burgers and sausages making, and packing)
- Cheese storage, ripening, cutting and packing,
- Chocolate sweets, beverages and confectionary processing (from ingredient intake to shipment to customers and to shop through melting, cooking, blending, moulding, packing process),
- Food safety
- Compliance to ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000 standard.
- Compliance to EU requirements; audits from FSAI represented by Department of Agriculture and Dublin city Council veterinary division.
- Management of recalls/ withdrawals.
- HACCP System
- Review and update existing HACCP systems and procedures in line with new processes and legislative and customer requirements
- Customer Quality Assurance
- Compliance with customer standards
- Management of customer audits and non-conformances rectified in required time scales
- Internal Audits
- Ensure internal audits are carried out and non-conformances rectified in required time scales
- Internal audits of key suppliers, ensuring non-conformances are addressed by supplier
In collaboration with operations and quality control teams, he /she:
- Reviews regularly food safety management system and risk analysis, toward continuous improvement.
- Control records regularity and accuracy.
- Ensures training schedule is respected.
- He/She is covering Quality Controller responsibilities when he/she is away.
- Trained in HACCP, Food safety management.
- Familiarity with EU & Irish food safety, health and safety is a plus.
- Quality audits, customer inspections, recalls…
- Involved in ISO 22000, BRC, IFS certification, Health and Safety Statement and/or risk analysis project is a plus.
- Thorough in controls.
- Attentiveness to details.
- Excellent written and good verbal communication skills required.
Salary circa 35K
Apply with CV and Cover note outlining previous experience and suitability for the role.