An expanding recycling business in the Offaly area is currently recruiting for a Production Manager. This is a full-time permanent position
The Production Manager is responsible for on-site operations including storage, retrieval, processing and preparation for shipment in a busy recycling operation. This includes managing a large team of people working on a multi-shift basis.
Duties to include
- Responsible for quality assurance, implementation of policies and procedures, and meeting the requirements of applicable standards and legislation.
He/she will be responsible for setting and achieving performance targets, controlling costs, managing inventory, and complying with all applicable environment, health and safety requirements.
- The Manager will also be responsible for managing maintenance activities, including working with external contractors
A key requirement of the job will be to propose and implement agreed improvement programmes.
The manager will report performance of his team to the Site Management Team, and will play an active part in the workings of the Site Management Team, including strategic developments.
- Primary degree in Mechanical / Production engineering
- 5 years' experience of working in a medium size processing or engineering operation
- Leadership qualities, including ability to contribute significantly to the Site Management Team
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive, lead and motivate their team
- Professional manner, friendly and energetic in their daily contacts with staff and customers
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Appreciation of the importance of compliance in a well-regulated industry
- Pro-active, "can-do" approach, with an appetite for continuous improvement
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John on 087 9955439 ( Office Hours )