My client, a leading European manufacturer & supplier of safety products are looking for experienced Product Managers to join their team. Product Managers will play a central role in the design & development of new product ranges and work closely with customers, sales & marketing & supply chain departments.
Required to bring innovative products from concept & design to the market, liaising with departments internally to deliver. Previous experience with safety products/work wear is highly desirable. Co Mayo.
· Responsible for the full product 'life cycle' including design and development, sourcing materials, testing, certification, packaging, marketing and commercialisation of the product from concept to market.
· Maintain up to date market knowledge to ensure quality and market requirements are adhered to.
· Review current product portfolio seeking innovative ideas to update and improve the offering to customers.
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers.
· Maintain knowledge of competitive activities, changes in marketing strategy or tactics, and general trends that could affect product sales.
· Responsible for proposing product strategy in response to competitive changes in the marketplace.
· Monitor product profit margins and work with responsible parties to execute corrective actions as necessary.
· Work with Manufacturing to develop a cost reduction plan for each product.
· Contribute to the marketing communications strategy and ensure that appropriate marketing materials are available.
· Degree level qualification in Product Design, Business, Engineering or Health and Safety or relevant discipline.
· 3-5 years' experience in a product design/product management role bringing new products to the market in Europe, US and Asia
· Passion for design, product development and innovation
· Excellent commercial awareness & business acumen required along with strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Excellent knowledge of design systems e.g. Illustrator and general computer skills covering MS Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Word.
· Ability to work with project deadlines and deliver on projects as specified.
· Full clean driving license. Foreign travel required.
If you have any queries please contact Eimear Dalton FRS Recruitment on 091760706 /0867773856