A well-known and highly respected manufacturing plant in South West Limerick has a fantastic opportunity for a Process Engineer to join their growing team. This state of the art facility is part of a Multinational organisation but it also has a lovely SME feel to it.
This is a new role due to growth; the successful Process Engineer will be responsible for NPI, project management of the selection of new machines into the plant, become across expert on machines, training staff on equipment and creating SOP's. Liasing with a number of departments including quality and manufacturing to assist in improving the overall process, reducing machine downtime and eliminating waste.
This exciting role also gives the Process Engineer the opportunity to travel to sister sites around the globe to implement new processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
· New Product Introduction - Prototypes. Developing products to customer specifications
· Set out and implement progressive manufacturing procedures ensuring they are fit for purpose and continue to improve manufacturing optimisation.
· Responsible for all mechanical / electrical systems, projects, validation and on site coordination of activities and contractors in a regulated environment
· Management of the maintenance system and procedures and associated improvement projects
· Process control and trouble shooting.
· Provide technical engineering support to technicians
· Work with Operations Manager to develop and implement strategic Goals & Objectives
· Ensure all maintenance, process developments, change control and system improvements are managed in accordance with the integrated management system in a cost effective manner
· Planning production changes / plant upgrades.
· Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments continuous improvement program
Qualifications and Skills
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum three years' experience in a similar role.
Intimate knowledge of Hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controlled systems.
Be able to demonstrate excellent project management and communication skills
Strong analytical approach to problem solving
Ability to work within a cross functional team
Awareness of the Health, Safety and Environmental impacts
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
For more info please call Teresa on 086 025 9348