Reporting to COO the primary purpose of the Maintenance Manager is to maximise the operation of assets in a reliable and safe manner by providing leadership, direction and management of all engineering and maintenance activities on site. This includes leading the maintenance and engineering function of two manufacturing plants, the maintenance team and all onsite facilities.
Due to continued growth and expansion within the business we are interested in applicants with experience of manufacturing line extensions, manufacturing up-scale and/or process automation. Exposure to Lean Manufacturing, budgetary control and managing teams across various a range of shifts are also of great importance.
This position is located in Co Louth and is commutable form Dublin North/Meath and surrounds.
1. Develop and implement a preventative maintenance strategy for both plants, to include scope out and implementation of the PEMAC system
2. Monitor the effectiveness of all maintenance activities
3. Develop the skill set and training plans of the Engineering group to meet the requirements of both sites
4. Monitor and report on plant and equipment OEE, usage and capacity
5. Develop and monitor performance KPIs and department metrics and present to key plant stakeholders as required
6. Prepare maintenance budget, control spend and report on status
7. Propose capital expenditure projects designed to improve OEE and reduce overall maintenance costs
8. Provide the engineering leadership for efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects
9. Contribute to cost reduction programmes on strategic purchasing of existing and new products
10. Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives that will sustain and promote the continuous improvement of products and processes.
11. Develop the processes for data collection and analysis of product failures and deliver root cause failure analysis
12. Set the direction and strategy for the management of maintenance for each site
13. Work with Procurement and Logistics groups on the control of equipment spare
14. Ensure all work is executed in line with health and safety and quality system requirements
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering(Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical equivalent)
· 7+ years' experience of maintenance related work in high-volume industries (5 years in supervisory/management) in a multi-shift, multi-skilled team environment
· Demonstrable experience leading a preventative maintenance program, using PEMAC
· Extensive hands-on experience of staff development, engagement and change management
· Experience of Financial budgetary control and management
· Ideally exposed to Lean Manufacturing, with Black Belt certification
· Self-directed, excellent communication skills on technical lead subjects and Ability to form relationships with stakeholders and work with cross functional teams, up to and including board level