We are currently seeking a Lab Technician for our client based in Portlaoise, Co. Laois. This is a temporary role and requires an immediate start.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- To perform appropriate tests on surface water, ground water and effluent as required and to record and report results of same
- To proactively address and highlight potential issues to the relevant department when necessary
- To update and maintain daily records for the EPA waste management license
- To report without delay any non-conformities/ issues to the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
- To adhere to the company's health and safety policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments and audits when and where necessary
- To ensure that appropriate levels of consumables are maintained within the lab and to highlight shortages as necessary
- To ensure that the lab is kept clean and tidy at all times and adhere to good housekeeping practices
Skills/ Experience Required:
- 2-3 years relevant lab experience and proven ability in testing, analysis and interpretation of results.
- Minimum Diploma in Science
- Chemistry/ analytical chemistry qualification a distinct advantage
- GMP experience
- Analytical approach
- Documentation and experience within an accredited lab system
- Knowledge/ interest in environmental/ waste management sector
- PC literate; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, E-mail etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit your CV through the link provided