The ideal candidate must be a talented and hands on chef, business minded, be a team player and have a genuine passion for delighting guests from different segments and nationalities with high quality delicious food adapted to the customers palette.
- Overseeing the daily operations and the running of the main hotel restaurant and food outlets within the resort including tailored menus for each customer segment, food production and presentation, ordering of stock, waste management and upholding excellent hygiene standards.
- Ensuring the profitability of the department through effective revenue generation, rostering to maximise the productivity of the kitchen staff, minimising waste, monitoring portion controls and carrying out regular stock takes.
- Planning and organising operations in order to achieve sustained profitability & putting the needs of our customers to the forefront of what we do to ensure guest satisfaction and customer focus.
- Overseeing the budget and operating to the agreed targets on revenue, food costs, labour costs and wastage.
- Designing and implementing the menus on a daily basis and ensuring that all menus are correctly adapted to the customer and carefully calculated to ensure maximum gross profit. Ensure regular reviews of all menus to ensure profitable margins and offerings are in line with market trends and customer needs.
- Maintaining consistently high standards and quality across all areas of the food and beverage operation including staff meals.
- Dealing with suppliers and reconciliation of all purchases/invoices in a timely manner, along with back office and administrative functions such as payroll, reporting, monitoring objectives and implementing policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective recruitment strategy and planning of the kitchen team in liaison with the Human Resources department. Provide coaching, training and development for the kitchen team.
- Work together with the rest of the resort to achieve the overall business goals and ensure clear and effective communication between all departments.
- Ensuring that HACCP and all statutory hygiene/food safety standards are adhered to and that all staff are trained to uphold these standards.
- Ensuring health and safety compliance at all times.
- Ensure that all maintenance problems are promptly reported and acted on.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record in kitchen management - ideally in a multi outlet environment.
- Have an interest in PR and marketing and see the benefits of multi media for the promotion of the complex.
- See the benefits of organic produce and the value of locally sourced products.
- Be an energetic and capable individual with an emphasis on customer focus and revenue generation.
- Have a genuine passion for food and the hospitality industry.
- Have excellent communication skills with a fluency in spoken and written English.
For further details, please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Head Chef, Chef, Sous Chef