Due to my client's continuing growth and expansion, they are seeking an AutoCAD Design Engineer to join our design team in their manufacturing facility in the Midlands.
Work Activities & Responsibilities
- Proven ability and on the job experience with RC detailing is essential with strong design skills and excellent attention to detail.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of drawings and schedules for our varied product portfolio including bridge beams, culverts, retaining walls, domestic wastewater treatment systems and rain water tanks, etc.
- You will be responsible for reviewing submitted drawings from clients and the extraction of the necessary information required to complete the associated element of work
- You will be responsible for the production of drawing registers and maintenance of in-house document control systems in addition to issuing drawings, documents and reports using a variety of different electronic platforms.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret information provided by clients and Estimation/Work winning Team and to provide cost effective solutions to their requirements
- Some experience with developing 3D construction models using Tekla software would be advantageous, with knowledge of working within a BIM environment, will offer a distinct advantage. A passion for learning within this BIM environment would also be desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and build effective working relationships while taking ownership and responsibility for designated projects.
- Work to strict deadlines, with excellent problem solving skills, if issues or difficulties occur.
- Self-motivated and meticulous, you must have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
- Possess excellent and proven organisation, planning and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Willingness to develop commercial acumen, in addition to technical design skills as part of your commitment to ongoing self-improvement as part of your CPD.
Skills & Qualities
- Minimum of two years' experience in a structural design office with a high proficiency in AutoCAD and a good understanding of conceptual design;
- Demonstrated mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Excellent time management skills, mange workload efficiently and effectively
Key Competencies for this role
- Demonstrated proficient competency around the key values of Shay Murtagh
- Customer Focused
- Respect & Empower our People
- Dedicated to excellence & Continuous Improvement
- Act professionally & Responsibly
- Action Orientated
- Organisation & Planning
- Learning on the Fly
If you are interested in this role and hold relevant experience please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through this link.